- vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 C. water
- 1 C. all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. MSG
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 4 chicken breast filets, cut into bite sized pieces
Beat the egg and then combine it with water in a bowl. Stir.
Combine the flour, salt, MSG, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder in a gallon size zip lock bag.
Pound each of the breast filets until about 1/4-inch thick. Then cut into bite sized pieces.
Coat each piece with the flour mixture by shaking in the zip lock bag. Remove and coat in the egg mixture.
Then coat in the flour mixture again. Shake to coat.
Deep fry at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes, until browned and crispy
1 whole chicken, cut into pieces
3 beaten eggs
4 tablespoons oil
For the coating
2 cups flour
4 teaspoons paprika
2 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon tarragon
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon onion salt
1/2 teaspoon celery salt
Sift together all the coating ingredients and place in a clean plastic bag. Coat each chicken piece first with the beaten egg, then with the flour mixture in the bag. Make sure you coat each piece completely with the flour.
Heat the oil in a skillet. Brown the chicken in oil slowly, uncovered. Once browned, cover the skillet and keeping frying on a very gentle heat until the chicken is fully cooked. Place on paper towels to drain out the excess oil.
16 butter crakers, crushed (townhouse or ritz)
6 oz sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
garlic salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
4-6 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
4 Tbsp butter, melted
1 Heat oven to 350° F.
In a bowl, combine the crackers, cheese, garlic salt, and pepper.
Dip the chicken in the butter, then in the cracker mixture, pressing gently to help the crackers adhere. Place the chicken on a foil-lined baking sheet.
Sprinkle any remaining cracker mixture on the chicken and drizzle with any remaining butter. Bake until the chicken is golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes.
1/2 cup Progresso plain panko crispy bread crumbs
1/2 cup finely shredded Cheddar cheese (2 oz)
1 package or jar (3 oz) cooked real bacon bits or pieces
1 package (14 oz) uncooked chicken tenders (not breaded)
Chive and onion sour cream potato topper, if desired
Prep Time: 25 mins (includes soaking time)
Cook Time: 40 mins
Yields: 6 servings
- Place thawed chicken breasts in a bowl of buttermilk and let soak 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine and mix thoroughly flour, salt, Season All, pepper, and Paprika in a gallon-size Ziploc bag or bowl.
- Cut 1/2 stick of butter into a few pieces and place in a 9- x 13-inch pan. Melt butter in preheated oven.
- Spread melted butter around the bottom of the pan. Lightly spray the pan with cooking spray, if needed, to make sure that there are no dry spots.
- Shake excess milk off of chicken and completely coat each piece in flour mixture. Either shake in the bag until coated or dip each piece in the bowl until coated.
- Place each piece of chicken in the preheated pan
- Bake for 20 minutes. Turn each piece of chicken over and continue baking for 20 more minutes, or until cooked through.