- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
In a large bowl cream butter and sugar, Add eggs, milk and vanilla; mix well. Stir in dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in frozen blueberries.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Combine sugar and nutmeg; sprinkle over muffins top with walnuts.
Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean for 12 cup muffin pan or 30 minutes for 6 cup muffin pan.
Cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
Yield: about 2 dozen if using 12 cup muffin pan/ if using 6 cup muffin pan Yields 12 large 🙂