- 4 medium russet potatoes, baked (Bake or microwave, either is fine)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- A dash each of salt and pepper
- 16 pepperoni slices
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup pizza sauce or marinara
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Pre-heat your broiler to high. When your baked potato are cool enough to handle, make two cuts down the potato lengthwise so that you are left with three pieces. Discard the middle slice of the potato (or save for other use) so that you are left with just the ends of each potato. Use a spoon to slightly scrape some of the pulp out of each potato skin so that you have only about 1/4 inch of potato left. Refer to this recipe for Loaded Potato Skins for photos to help you with this step.
- In the microwave, melt 2 tablespoons of butter (30-40 seconds does the trick). Brush both sides of the potato skin with the melted butter. Lightly salt and pepper the potato skin and place in the broiler for 8 minutes, flipping the potatoes once after four minutes so that each side of the potato is able to crisp up.
- Take the potato skins out of the broiler and top with shredded mozzarella cheese and two pepperoni slices per potato skin.
- Sprinkle each potato skin with Italian seasoning.
- Place the potato skins back in the broiler for another 2-4 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- Serve with pizza sauce or marinara sauce on the side.