- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey jack
- 4 slices cooked bacon
- 4 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 pound ground chuck
- Salt and pepper
- 4 large hamburger buns, split
- Favorite condiments
- Canola oil
- Combine the jack cheese and chopped bacon in a bowl and stir well.
- Put the beef in another bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Separate into 8 balls of meat, roughly the same shape.
- Flatten 1 ball in the palm of your hand. Squeeze together about a tablespoon of the cheese and bacon mixture to make a little nugget and put it in the center of the ground beef.
- Flatten another ball of meat and lay on top of the cheese and bacon. Pinch the edges together and flatten slightly for a nice patty shape.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 three more times. Set patties aside on a platter in the refrigerator while preparing the grill.
- Place a large grill pan on 2 burners over medium-high heat.
- Brush the grates with oil to keep the burgers from sticking.
- Grill the burgers for 8 minutes per side for medium*
- Remove the burgers to a clean side plate while you toast the buns.
- Rub the grill rack with more oil and place the buns cut-side down, toast for 1 minute.
- Serve with favorite condiments, and additional bacon.