- One 16.3 oz. package (8 count) refrigerated home-style biscuits
- (you can use your own home-style biscuit recipe if you so desire)
- 4 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons crushed pecans
- 1 small apple, cored and thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup crushed pecans
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 2-4 teaspoons orange juice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan with a light coating of cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix together the granulated sugar, cinnamon and 4 teaspoons crushed pecans. Cut the biscuit discs in half and coat each piece in the sugar mixture. Alternately add and arrange the biscuits and apple slices in the prepared loaf pan. It will be a tight squeeze getting all of the pieces to fit, but just keep pressing the dough forward to squeeze them in. Sprinkle any remaining cinnamon/sugar mixture and ⅓ cup crushed pecans over the top of the loaf.
- Sauce: In a small saucepan over medium heat, mix together the brown sugar, orange juice and butter and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and pour the mixture over the top of the biscuits in the pan. Bake for 25 minutes or until the center of the loaf is cooked through. Remove and cool slightly before removing from pan. If it starts to get too brown before the loaf is cooked through, cover with foil.
- Icing: In a small bowl, whisk together the cream cheese, 2 teaspoons orange juice, vanilla, and powdered sugar until smooth and creamy. If the icing is too thick, add small amounts of orange juice until you obtain the desired consistency. Drizzle over the bread while the bread is still warm.